- Prior Degrees Applicants must normally have a master’s degree in Urban Planning or related program.
- Grade Point Average At least 3.00/4.00 for the final 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of undergraduate study.
- Tests Required GRE General. Applicants may substitute the GMAT or LSAT.
- Minimum English Competency Test Score
- TOEFL 550 (paper-based); 213 (computer-based); 80, with subscores of Reading 19, Listening 17, Speaking 20, and Writing 21 (iBT Internet-based), OR,
- IELTS 6.5, with subscores of 6.0 for all four subscores.
- Letters of Recommendation Three required.
- Personal Statement Required. A research statement, including the applicant's educational and professional goals, and detailing relevant academic and employment experience.
- Other Requirements Applicants must submit a recent paper, essay, or project of which they are the sole author or designer. This material may be of an academic, professional, or personal nature, and must be at least 1000 words in length. Applicants for research assistantship positions are encouraged to submit a resume.
- Deadlines The application deadline for this program is earlier than the Graduate College deadline; check the Department or Graduate College webpage for information on application deadlines.
|University of Illinois at Chicago, by davidwilson1949|
more PhDs in urban planning: